Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

SvenSven
    Participant

Greetings,
    New to this forum and TMS. Started my therapy just over 2-weeks ago. During the 1st week, after the setup and adjustments etc, we did the standard 5 sessions per week at 3000 pulses. Due to my somewhat lower Motor Threshold (MT), they suggested I had the option of proceeding 3 sessions 5000 pulses per week. This way they are still meeting the standard 15,000 pulses per week, but can have slightly less sessions (and therefore lower costs) with no impact to quality of benefits as prescribed by FDA etc.
    As a results I’m now at the beginning of my 3rd week and a total of 9 completed sessions.
    Have you all heard of this and any issues, concerns, suggestions etc?

Regards
    SvenS

Martha
    Participant

How it going now? Update us,thanks.

colleencasey
    Participant

SvenSven:
    I have not heard of that formula for treatment. TMS is a progressive treatment with the continual release of scientific research and updates as to its methodology and purposes. Your input is important so please stay connected and let us know how you are doing. Sending support.
    Colleen

SvenSven
    Participant

Martha you asked how it has been going. Well… It is going ok overall. I have been improving most in the anxiety realm but also just a hint in the depression department as well. I can’t yet – perhaps even ever; but who knows its early times yet – separate whether the improvements are from TMS or my finally and slowly adjusting to the side effects of the prescription medications. I’m cautiously optimistic since everyone tells me, most people tend to experience noticeable improvements in the 4th week and beyond and that’s at least 3 more treatments for me, or thereabouts.

Physically the experience has not been too painful. A slight headache which was no big deal and even that is only after some session. During my last session 2 days ago I did get some right hand finger twitching. We adjusted it a bit and while it got less, it was still there. I’m having another session today and perhaps we can adjust as necessary.

At a different level, I was surprised how limited the participation seems to be on this Forum. My provider told me it was where I’d find the most people with an open forum etc. Going through the lists and postings I did not get that experience. I see there are several Facebook sites. Perhaps that’s the most attractive venue for sharing..? Don’t know.

Thanks.
    SvenS

Martha
    Participant

SvenS, I was glad to hear from you,I hope and pray for your depression to get better. So happy that the anxiety has improved. I was hoping for more interaction from others on this blog too. Are you self pay or did your insurance pay for all or most ? My insurance is taking forever to approve me,so frustrating and making me more depressed. My insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ok. Please let me hear from you again ,Martha. God bless you.

Keep_Hoping
    Participant

SvenSven,

I read your post and am wondering if you’re done by now?

I just finished my second week. Much better than the first. My moods are up and down, but finally having more ups than downs. I was SO depressed when I started. It took all the strength I had to keep coming back that first week. I notice that I’m very tired after each session. I was surprised to learn that some people are not feeling better until after all the treatments are done. That’s encouraging to know. Being patient is so hard after being depressed for so long.

I appreciate Colleen, Martha and Dave for replying so often to so many posts. I too wish more people would join and share on here. I haven’t checked out the Facebook page. I would rather post here using a nickname than my real FB account. Not everyone understands depression, unfortunately.

colleencasey
    Participant

Keep_Hoping;
    What encouraging news. Hope is what this journey is about!.
    Some brains take more time to respond to the jump start that TMS provides. It is good to hear you report your improved experience from Week 1 to Week 2. That is encouraging for you (I assume) and it will be helpful to others who visit this site. You are so right as we all have experienced, not everyone understands depression. It is one of the invisible illness that we still need to do a great deal of public education about. Your contribution is appreciated. Please let us know about your treatment and response as you continue. Your nickname is a great mantra!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Colleen

Buddy
    Participant

I also have the ups and downs a bit. But people in my life are pointing out, and I’m starting to notice, the ups are longer and more frequent, and the downs are shorter, and less frequent.

It’s been amazing for me overall, just to have a little relief from where I was many weeks ago (suicidal) even if it’s in short bursts, and gets better incrementally,

But I’ve heard from several people and Dr.s in the field that it can happen incrementally, or like it has for me, in bursts (I can tell you what days I noticed a change) or for some people, it can happen in 2 large doses, sometimes near the very end, or even weeks after you are done.

erinb
    Participant

Coleen,
    I wrote awhile back and you responded with such generosity. I find your responses and your story one of the only things tangible that give me hope at this point: treatment 32; I am doing the full 36 in hopes that maybe I will see a change. I am experiencing so much and wonder if there is a way you would be willing to talk by phone or at least by email? You can reach me at erburdette40@me.com. I just k is it would help to speak directly to someone who has been there. Let me know. Erinb

colleencasey
    Participant

erinb:

Absolutely! I will email you tonight and we can exchange numbers. I am running to a meeting now that will be about 6 hours and then I have an hour travel. I will get back to you though very soon.
    Thinking positive thoughts!

colleencasey
    Participant

erinb:

I tried to send an email but I get a message that the email address is invalid. Could you check the email you listed?
    Thanks
    Colleen

Denaqueenbee
    Participant

Hi Sevn Sevn………… I wondered how you are doing after your TMS. I am just finishing, and praying I am one of those that gets results after TMS stops because I actually feel worse. I had trouble with focus before, but now I feel like my brain is shutting down, and I’m scared. I never thought it could back fire. Of course, I am now 60, and I have been severely depressed with extreme anxiety since I was a child, and awful chronic pain for 16 years, it may take more time, my biggest fear is I can’t be helped, and I don’t know how I can live like this. I want so badly to know what it’s like to feel alive before my life is over.

I happened to see your post and wondered how it all turned out for you?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘3000 vs 5000 pulse sessions’ is closed to new replies.